SIGN UP FOR SCHOOL NEWS
Stay up-to-date with the latest news
SCHOOL BOARD MEETINGS
School Board meetings are held monthly in the Brooker Community School Cafeteria — 18551 Charlotte Ave. Brooker, FL 32622. Check back here for specific dates and times.
- Thu, Nov 30Brooker Community SchoolNov 30, 6:00 PMBrooker Community School, 18551 Charlotte Ave, Brooker, FL 32622, USANov 30, 6:00 PMBrooker Community School, 18551 Charlotte Ave, Brooker, FL 32622, USAJoin our PTO meeting and be be apart of a collaborative forum where parents and teachers discuss school events, fundraisers, and student activities. We promotes open communication, engagement, and active involvement in the school community.
- Sat, Dec 09Brooker Community SchoolDec 09, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AMBrooker Community School, 18551 Charlotte Ave, Brooker, FL 32622, USADec 09, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AMBrooker Community School, 18551 Charlotte Ave, Brooker, FL 32622, USAGet ready for a festive morning of holiday cheer at Brooker Community Schools' much-anticipated event, Santa's Breakfast! Join us for a jolly good time as we kick off the holiday season with a delightful breakfast, special moments with Santa, and exciting raffle prizes.
- Mon, Dec 18Belle Oaks BarnDec 18, 6:00 PMBelle Oaks Barn, 11800 SW 157th Ln, Brooker, FL 32622Dec 18, 6:00 PMBelle Oaks Barn, 11800 SW 157th Ln, Brooker, FL 32622Get ready to be swept away by the enchanting sounds of the season at Brooker Community Schools' Winter Performance. Join us for an evening of festive joy as our talented students and dedicated staff come together to perform a series of heartwarming holiday songs.
- Thu, Dec 21Brooker Community SchoolDec 21, 2023, 7:00 AM – Jan 05, 2024, 2:30 PMBrooker Community School, 18551 Charlotte Ave, Brooker, FL 32622
- Wed, Jan 24Brooker Community SchoolJan 24, 2024, 6:00 PMBrooker Community School, 18551 Charlotte Ave, Brooker, FL 32622, USA
WHAT IS A CHARTER
A charter school is a publicly funded school that is operated independently of the traditional public school system. Charter schools are granted a charter or contract by a government authority, such as a state or local school board, which gives them the autonomy to operate outside of many of the regulations that govern traditional public schools.
Charter schools are typically created by educators, parents, or community organizations, and are designed to provide alternative educational options to students who may not be thriving in traditional public schools. They are often smaller than traditional public schools and may offer specialized programs, such as language immersion or project-based learning.
The mission of Brooker Community School is to encourage students to reach their highest level of academic and personal growth through an engaging, nurturing, well-rounded program that embeds problem-solving and authentic learning experiences for all learners. The school aims to work in partnership with families and the community to provide a collaborative and supportive learning environment for all students that will enable each child to reach full potential as a scholar and a citizen.
The vision of Brooker Community School is to create a rich, innovative, and rigorous learning environment that will inspire students to think critically and solve real-world problems within small, rural communities and beyond. The school envisions its students engaging in creative, problem-based lessons that will enable them to acquire a strong academic foundation and the ability to succeed in school and as members of the community.
LIFE & CULTURE
BROOKER ELEMENTARY THROUGH THE YEARS